Atlas Studios Bay Area – The Headshot Experts!
A good headshot offers a glimpse into who you are, what you do, and why you do it. It is a visual connection that offers people a chance to put a face to your name, and it’s incredibly important for any business or brand. There are many factors that go into a headshot portrait, from posing and lighting to angles and editing, and that’s why it’s important to make the investment in a professional if you want the absolute best results. Good images are important and you and your business deserve them.
More Than One Look for Your Headshot
While headshots are intended to present a professional appearance, there is more than one way to make your headshot work. Headshots reflect your personality, your identity, and your brand. However, there is more than one use for a headshot. Headshots can be used for your resume, LinkedIn profile, company directory, an audition, or even just for fun.
Depending on how you plan to use your headshots, you will need to select a look that appeals to your audience. For instance, your company directory may require a more professional look than your LinkedIn profile, which allows for a more relaxed feel.
Check out these examples for different headshot styles and their uses:
*Casual and friendly style for the business owner who wants to give off an inviting and approachable look.
*Fun, not-so-corporate style for your start-up tech company whose target audience is a more youthful crowd.
*Professional and qualified style for the applicant who intends to land a CEO position in a law firm or other large company.
The possibilities are endless, so determine how your headshots will be used and select the look you need. No matter what you decide, be sure to let your individual personality shine through each image!
Characteristics of a Great Headshot
You have your look, you have chosen your photographer, and you have booked your photo session. Now what? How do you ensure that your headshots reflect the vibe you want, are of high quality, and will help you stand out from the crowd? These are five characteristics of a great headshot. If you stick to these simple rules, you will leave your session with headshots you love.
1. Clean and simple – The goal of a headshot is to show who you are in a professional manner. The best way to do this is to keep your headshots clean and simple, with nothing to distract from you.
2. Confidence and approachability – Visibly showing off your personality in your headshot demonstrates self-confidence, which automatically leads others to feel confident in you as well.
3. Smile with your teeth – and your eyes! This goes without saying, but real smiles radiate a genuine vibe that will attract your audience.
4. Personality over glamour – Make sure your headshots look like you. Do not overdo it with the makeup, hair, or clothing. Just be unapologetically you!
5. Conservative colors – By wearing conservative colors, the focus stays on you, your smile, and your personality.
Give us a call today for your free consultations and we’ll be glad to send you our comprehensive solution “The Guide to the Perfect Headshot” absolutely free.